Demonstration workshop for the automotive application
Precise and robust navigation systems are being a key factor in new coming technologies on the automotive sector, like V2X/C-V2X and autonomous driving. Reliable navigation in urban environments, where GNSS is most vulnerable due to multipath and lower satellite visibility, is a challenge.
BANSHEE proposes a new solution/system that combines GNSS and [Wi-Fi RTT](https://www.banshee-navigation.eu/blog/posts/Automatic Accurate Localization of WAPs) (Round Trip Time, IEEE 802.11mc) measurements in a hybrid positioning technology able to achieve meterish accuracy in urban and indoor environments. This new solution relies mainly on two elements: the GNSS + WiFi RTT tightly coupling positioning engine that is implemented in the BANSHEE SDK running at the user’s navigation device, plus a service queried by the users to retrieve the accurate location of the WAPs (Wireless Access Points) in view used in the GNSS + WiFi RTT positioning.
In this workshop, you will learn how the technology works in a real vehicle and will see a demonstration of the results. You will have the opportunity to follow the evolution of a live demonstration in a real scenario.
Attendance is free but, due to the limited capacity of the room, it is essential to register as soon as possible. Besides, for those who cannot attend the workshop physically, they can join us online by following the link: https://meet.google.com/zmu-pyym-rsw Or dial: (ES) +34 935 24 93 52 PIN: 184 763 731# More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/zmu-pyym-rsw?pin=7067599075173
9h30 Welcome coffe and networking
10h00 Project presentations:
- "BANSHEE: Hybridizing GNSS with Wi-Fi RTT for a seamless indoor/oudoor navigation", Miquel García, Rokubun.
- "Indoor LBS Marketing Market Drivers & Challenges", Oleg Morajko, MOCA.
- "GNSS in urban environments and indoor-outdoor transitions", Daniel Baños, IDNEO
- "Usage of alternate terrestrial navigation technologies to complement GNSS", Miquel García, Rokubun.
- "Magica: Multi Frequency Automotive GNSS Antenna for high accuracy applications", Joan Gemio, de Idneo
11h00 Live Demo
Fill in the form to attend: